(Scroll down to read the answers to this question.)
Question by sm: Is contact lens solution harmful if swallowed?
Don’t ask why I need to know… if one were to consume contact lens solution, would it cause you to throw up or something?
Answer by Rebecca W
If it is just the saline solution it is alright unless you drank a lot of it. If it is the kind that removes protein buildup then that would be bad to swallow. Look at the back of the container and it will tell you what is in it.
Answer by Adam
It’s not harmful, but it tastes gross. It’s (understandably) very salty. Even the peroxide-based ones probably wouldn’t do much damage unless you drank the whole bottle because it’s such a weak concentration.
Add your own answer in the comments area below!
- is contact solution poisonous
- can contact solution hurt a child if ingested
- what happens if i swallow my contact lens